Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bluegrass Jam at Cades Cove

Today, Ryan and I got up early and drove to Cades Cove for Old Timer's Day; a biannual celebration of the people that used to live in the area before the parks department took it over. Ryan met his band, Brandywine, consisting of Cecil and Pam Thomas and himself, under a tree in the Cable Mill Area and played from 10:30am-1:30pm. Boy! Their fingers were sore when they finally stopped!

Here is Cecil and a couple other men that joined in their song.


Cecil singing!




Their adoring fans!

While they played, I wandered off and took a few photos of the scenery.

Blacksmith Building
Mill
Cooking Stove in a house
Broken Wagon


We had a really fun day together and managed to get on the road right before a rain shower passed through. We can't wait to go back again in the Spring with Frank!

3 comments:

  1. love the photos--especially the mill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had known you were going, you could have looked for my brother;s name carved on one of the barns. When he was on a high school trip my brother, Douglas, stupidly carved his name into a horizonal timber on the very back of a barn. It either says D.Day or Doug Day. I took a picture when we went but my memory fails me. Doug drowned when I was 17, he was only 24 with 2 little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and would Frank be the baby? Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete